Monday, June 6, 2011

Still hate packing.

Pretty sure my luggage weights even more coming back.  What happened?  Maybe it is all the cockroach guts on my stuff?  Everything is getting packed in bags.


I truly hope that this is the last one of these I will ever have to see and/or kill.  I made a mistake and watched an episode of some show hosted by some guy with some of the mos unfortunate hair I have ever seen:


It is called "Billy the Exterminator," and Billy was set to deal with the worst cockroach infestation he had ever seen.  Worst thing for me to watch, right?  I keep picturing them getting into my luggage.  Then I keep picturing Cathay Pacific not letting me get on the plane with my luggage (it is tremendously heavy).  Then I picture getting stuck here because of credit card issues (again) or because I don't have something I need or any number of other things that could go wrong.  Thank god there is Beezer for me to Skype with.  Calms my freaked out nerves all the time.  Thanks, Beez!

Leaving here is a weird sort of thing.  I will go home and won't be as important.  I won't get to put on scrubs and do something totally rad.  I will even miss giving presentations.  Though I never really got over my aversion to public speaking, it felt really great to be taken seriously by a room full of people about something valuable.  But, as talked about with Beez, what matters is how I take that feeling back with me.  Maybe I will start giving Powerpoint talks to people at the poster store I work at back home.  Speaking of, anyone know of any job openings in July, please let me know.  The store is closing, and I got billz.  And Powerpoint/placenta washing/travel experience.  I also have all my shots.

Now, it's time to watch Portlandia (still have not seen a full episode) and sleep, or try anyway.

It's been an incredible trip.  Thanks for reading along with me.

-Tory

1 comment: