Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Actual Pictures I took of things!

Grocery store!  I went and picked out my very own fish fillets.  They have a huge selection of fresh, beautiful seafood.  I snapped a shot:

And here is Jo Jo (the bad influence who convinced me to buy things for myself):


In trying to make dinner after having gone to the grocery to make up for the blunders of the last visit, I used the handy dandy website recipematcher.com to hunt for something to make based on my ingredients.

It tells me they cannot help me.  I am making gourmet jasmine rice as a side to my protein: crunchy peanut butter with honey on whole grain bread.  Just like Mom makes it.   So, I am asking folks to help.  I have the following:

-bag filled with tilapia fillets
-2 fresh red snapper fillets (it's cut vertically; what is that called?)
-curry power
-tons of noodles of all variety
-rice
-garlic
-red onion
-green pepper
-salt
-apple juice
-no can opener, but I've got cans of black beans and chick peas

That mostly sums it up.  Any ideas are welcome.  I wish Mr. Austin Sheaffer were here to whip up some Tilapia awesomeness. 

While at the mall getting supplies, Jo Jo convinced me to go 'fun shopping,' as opposed to the boring nature of shopping for applicators, binders and luggage tags for the project.  I bought things.  Damn it.  Pictures!

Dress purchase:
Shirt purchase:
 Turns out a store entitled Plains and Prints not only has an adorable shopping bag with textured white paper and brown ribbon handles, but also they have a tragically cute selection of clothing.  Thank god they didn't have this in my size:


It's basically like Anthropologie, with quality cottons and silks, but at the clearance section price.  I will lie and tell myself these items can be used to get me employed come July.  C'mon, Tory.  Get these; they will pay for themselves soon enough.   But, Ayala mall is ridiculous. Filled with tons of tempting stores.  And huuuge.


Much different from the area around here.  


Oh oh!  I almost forgot; I tried this today:


That looks like fruit, and that stuff in the middle in real life is more pink and looks like it should be sweet.  It ain't.  It's apple or Indian mango.  You eat them before they get ripe, and the bitterness s supposed to be well combined with the shrimp paste.  Not something I care to do again, but it is still fun to try. 

So, earlier this morning, whilst making my burnt eggs, I dropped a piece on the counter.  The ants took little time in my episode of old Scooby Doo to flock to it.  Because of the mopey mood I was in, became horrible and burnt them with the lighter I was given to light the stove.  The aftermath of my mass genocide:


I feel pretty shitty about that one.  

Tomorrow is the big day for presenting the project to the hospitals.  Nervous.  Nervous.  Nervous.








7 comments:

  1. TORY! You're way over there!!

    And I spy lechon in one of your pictures! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you're having a great time down there!! Hope to see more pictures!! :)att: Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. fish curry!!!! sweet finds. malling is huge there. I agree with C.Alondra, you'll have to put your no pork policy on hold for a little bit or you'll miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to the lechon place! Even if you're still on your boycott, at least get the lechon manok. (But seriously, like everyone else up there says - the pig's where it's at.)
    There's a Plains and Prints in the ShoeMart IloIlo mall! Thanks for dooming my wallet come this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so mice to read comments from folks. It makes me feel warm that other people can enjoy something about my trip too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pork thing went out the American Airlines window. But it's like a boomerang that I can catch from the window on the other side when I come back.

    ReplyDelete