Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hostage


This will be a short post.  I was going to have new photos to show you of the laundry mat, which always does your laundry for you by weight in kilos, leaving me with no freaking clue about how much I will be spending, and Country Mall, where I was going to get bug spray so this place feels more livable for the next 3 weeks.  But, I will not be doing any of those things today.  I am instead being held hostage by this:



I added the second one for scale, though there is no kind of justice done in that photo.  I think this guy is like 4" across from leg tip to leg tip.  I think I am getting the heebie-jeebies just typing about this.  Notice, it is situated above my door, which I enter through the left side nonetheless.  What the hell??  What if he emerged from that hair nest?  Now I am afraid to go in the kitchen too, which sucks because I am hungry.

I just found another spider by my foot.  Nowhere near that big, just a small one.  But, it is that gross jumping kind that move super fast.  This would all be one thing if these damn spiders would just eat the ants, but instead they are all conspiring against me.  I'm literally afraid of my own shadow; I keep thinking it is another bug moving out of the corner of my eye.  Sad because I was seriously convinced that my little tour in the bug department at the Field Museum in Chicago had given me a certain amount of comfort about the idea of bugs.  Gone.


Anyway, Jo Jo gave me this today:


A lot of the public restrooms don't have toilet paper in them.  Some sell it in a vending machine.  So, many women carry these cute little toilet paper pouches, which is awesome so long as you remember to refill it.  I have gotten into the habit of checking for toilet paper before sitting down from spending so much time at Austin's.  Boy priveledge: not always having to use toilet paper.  Anywho, that ritual has come in handy.  I haven't been trapped without it yet.  Now that I have this staple necessity for going out around town, I feel much more official.

Today at work, I did a lot of this:


because I didn't really have anything to do.  It's making me yawn now just looking at the picture.  Haha.  I also did a lot of this:


And this:


 And this:




The last one is Jackfruit.  Pretty tasty.  I guess you can also boil the pits and eat them like peanuts.  I want to touch the outside part but haven't yet.  Looks like it would feel pretty awesome.

Sprite tastes so much better here.  Granted, I am not the world's expert on Sprite back home.  No idea when the last time I had it was, but it is so good here.  I hate drinking sugary pops back home, but if they got it, I will drink it.  I was also going to get more beverages for the office at Country Mall to replace all that I have consumed.  Thanks, spider, for also making me look like a jerk.

Google Image star corner:




I hated that show.  It was depressing how unfunny it was.  And I am in awe that
Kel got hired to do comedy on an oft funny, nationwide show (Saturday Night Live)
AND hasn't been let go yet.  What gives?

3 comments:

  1. Update: I just watched one of those BIG f-ing cockroaches crawl across my kitchen floor. I'm not going to lie; I cried (and am crying). Not sure what to do, but I am leaving the light on to make sure it is uncomfortable everywhere. I locked the doors too. Those things are resourceful but probably can't pick a lock. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigod! You need to hold a magazine over your head and run out the door and go fill your arms with bug poisons and spray every single corner of your house. You're freaking *me* out. I would be crying too. I am practically crying just reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for the empathy.

    After I posted that update, while talking to Austin, ONE CRAWLED ACROSS MY BEDROOM FLOOR!!!! I freaked out even more. Austin kept typing to just kill it. Ultimately I did and now feel gross.

    I definitely took a car to Country Mall, where I bought bleach, new sponges, and Lysol. I started trying to treat things with vinegar earlier, but the ants seem to feel just as comfortable. Tomorrow, some dudes are coming to do something. I don't even care if their sprays cause cancer at this point. I just want bugs gone.

    ReplyDelete